Chemotherapy is one of the most invasive therapies that one can go through. Chemo comes with a lot of side effects such as nausea, fatigue, dry skin and of course, the loss of your hair. Do not fear as human hair wigs will help you feel like yourself throughout the chemo process. It is important that you keep yourself in a good head space throughout your treatment and a wig will help you do that.
When Do You Choose Your Wig?
I have worked with a lot of people who have been diagnosed with cancer. Some people like to buy their wigs before they start with chemotherapy and others like to buy it once their hair starts to fall out. Over the years, I have come to strongly suggest that you buy a wig before you start. There is no guarantee as to when your body is going to start to show the side effects. It is suggested that you are prepared for when that day comes.
What Type of Wig Should You Buy?
There are so many different types and styles of wig that you can buy today. I would strongly suggest that you buy human hair wigs. This is going to look the most natural and feel the softest. The hair acts the same way as your natural hair so it is easier for you to cut and dye the hair as you wish.
The type of wig that you should buy is a lace front wig. These types of wigs blend in the best to your hairline which does not give off the impression that you are wearing a wig in the first place.
How to Choose Your Wig:
1. Go and visit a wig salon. See the type of wigs that are for sale and try a few on. That way you can see what types of wigs will best suit your face shape as well as your skin tone.
2. Go home and do some research. Have a look for some wig salons around your area. The best thing for you to do is price the type of wig that you want before you buy it. You want to make an informed financial decision before you commit to buying the wig.
3. Once you have chosen the wig you wish to buy at the price that you can afford, go and try the wig on. Make sure that it fits you well and that you are happy with the cut.
4. Purchase the wig and make any changes that you feel will suit you better or make you feel more comfortable. People love to try a hair color they have always desired to try but have been too scared to dye their natural hair.
5. Once you have purchased the wig, make sure that you have all the needed tools and products to keep your wig looking as good as possible for as long as possible.
Why Wearing A Wig Helps You Cope with Your Disease?
Going bald is one of the most known signs of cancer. A lady wearing a gorgeous scarf on her head to covering up the hair loss patches is a sign that she is battling one of the bravest fights that we know. For some people, wearing nice earrings, a silk scarf, beautiful makeup is enough for them, however, for others, they find that by wearing a wig, the feel more like themselves and when they look in the mirror, they do not have the constant reminder they are battling the war against cancer.
People who go through the struggles of cancer are one of the bravest people that I know and I truly take my hat off to them. A human hair wig will help them blend in more with society and help them feel beautiful again.
Personally, I find the balding a sign of strength and a sign that you are a fighter and can conquer anything that is put before you. Do not let this disease get you down!
What to Do with Your Wig When You No Longer Need It:
Once you have finished with your chemo treatment and you can finally call yourself a SURVIVOR, you might consider donating your wig to someone in need. There are a few cancer foundations that will love your donation and gorgeous locks that have gotten you through the worst patch, might be able to help someone else.
If you do not wish to donate your wig, that is more than ok as well. You can keep the wig and use it for special occasions. I would suggest though that once you have completed your treatment, change up the style of wig. That way it will no longer be to cover up your baldness but to showcase your gorgeous features on your face.
Going through cancer is not an easy disease to fight but it is not impossible either! Becoming a survivor is one of the greatest feelings in the world and with a good support system, great doctors and a gorgeous wig on your head; you will get through this one day at a time and come out on top! Buying your first wig might seem like a scary thing to do, however, once you place the wig on your head and go out, you will feel beautiful and for a few moments forget that you are fighting and start to just live once again.
Let us know about your first wig experience and how wearing a wig bettered your life when you started your chemotherapy treatment.